Dear Pea Ridge Forest Customers and Friends,
This is our third update of the plans for the Christmas Harvest of 2020! There will be quite a few changes in the look of your Christmas adventure here at Pea Ridge Forest.
Some things to look forward to:
- We will have a good supply of our own trees to cut this year, with three fields opening on different days. We also are bringing in a few Fraser firs as usual which will be available at the barn.
- We will have our wreaths and greenery available, most being displayed outside under the pole shed. We plan on putting six sample wreaths online, if you want to select one to pick up or send to a friend. If you have a special order, please let us know ahead of time, and we can try to have it ready for you to pick up!
- Kettle Corn will be available and potentially some winery samples.
- Outdoor "photo ops" will be available for you and your family to capture the Christmas spirit!
- We won't be visited by Santa this year. We can't imagine putting Santa in harm's way, especially with so many kiddos needing him to make an appearance on Christmas eve!
- Sugar Mommas and Swiss Meats will not be tabling this year.
- Our snack stand will be limited to pre-packaged treats, with water and soda available.
- We are looking into some food trucks to supplement our snack stand this year.
- Trailer rides to the field, while a tradition for many, will not be offered this year.* The field with the most trees is a ½ mile walk from the barn. The walk is mostly flat, with a hill at the end. We will bring the trees back on our wagon as usual.
- Masks, again, will be required. We feel this is more a "positive" since we are trying to provide a safe and fun environment for our employees and customers. Masks will be required everywhere but in the field - just social distancing there. You will notice our trees are complying since they are planted six feet apart. ;)
- The gift shop will be monitored for capacity, and hand sanitizing before entry will be required.
- Unfortunately, we cannot provide a children's play area this year, other than the great outdoors!
- Porta potties only, no indoor facilities due to capacity restraints.
- We plan on having two cashiers in the gift shop, with an exit door to facilitate traffic. One cashier will be stationed by the pole shed and another one in the Morton Building. People paying for trees and greenery can make use of the outdoor cashiers.
Tips to make your tree farm experience safe and enjoyable:
- Bring a mask! Fun, decorative masks will help keep us all safe and in the Christmas spirit!
- Try to come during the week to avoid large crowds and enjoy the Christmas tree farm at your own pace.
- Bundle up! The gift shop will be operating at a reduced capacity, so come prepared to enjoy the outdoors.
- If possible, cash or check is preferable for the outdoor cashiers due to our unstable wifi connection. This route may also result in a faster transaction and shorter wait times.
Things that will always stay the same:
- Complimentary hot chocolate will always be provided!
- Our excitement to see all of you for another year of fun and festivities!
- Our process of striving to improve and provide the best possible experience for our customers, no matter what is thrown at us.
- Love of the Christmas season and how it brings us together.
Please bring your patience and Christmas spirit when you make your trip to the farm. We ask for your understanding as we are trying to keep this holiday tradition a happy and memorable experience for all. Our family has first hand experience with this virus, with two members testing positive in the past. We want to be extremely careful so that we can continue to provide this experience for so many families that come out every year. If you have any questions or comments, please call or email us! We would love to hear your input.
Yours in trees,
22735 Tree Farm Rd., MO 65041